Statesman in Rosewood burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I got this dandy piece of wood from Charlie. I fought this one all the way- blowout- repaired, finish- both barrels redone, cap- sand the clip and cap so I had a remote chance of pressing them together without splitting the wood. Now if the wood stays stable for a month, I can take it to a show.
CA finish done twice, blowout reglued and micromeshed and buffed. Not perfect, but better than it was a few tantrums ago.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

I'll tell you what... looking at the PIC... I have seen no better pen. That is top of the charts!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bracky1

Looks like you've managed to beat it into submission :biggrin:

Superb finish, I've a lot to learn. :eek:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Holy Crap!!! That is stunning!

.. and to think .. you almost didn't take that piece with you!

Beautiful job.. just perfect.

lundebc

Awesome job on that pen!

THis is a beautiful pen, and that finish is outstanding! I thought it was an acrylic at first glance!

Bruce
Katy, Tx

IPD_Mrs

I don't often comment on SOYP posts, but I have to say this one looks great. Your photo really shows off your finish. I would recommend that you diffuse your lighting. While it does good to show the depth of the finish, it does nothing to show off the great grain in the pen.

Kudos

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone. I would like to publicly thank JRC-jim in Vermont for showing me the CA finish when I was just starting. Thanks Jim, you made it easy and I have passed it on.

Top Bottom