Statesman African Blackwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HazzaB

HazzaB

Hey There,

First Post with you guys, been a member for a while, Just Finished today a Statesman Fountain Pen, Dressed in African Blackwood, Finished with numerous coats of CA and Finally Hutts Friction Wax,

Comments Welcome

HazzaB

Attachments

• Statesman 008.jpg
    Statesman 008.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Statesman 002.jpg
    Statesman 002.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

That is a spectacular pen! Very nice job highlighting the features on that piece of wood. Fit and finish look good, and the shape fits with the kit well. The only thing I can think of that might improve it would be if the sapwood on the body was turned so it was visible with the nib in writing position. If you have a couple more kits you might try just swapping the section, they are all threaded differently, and you might get lucky. You did a great job aligning the features between the cap and the body, which is the tricky part, but taking a few seconds to thread that fp section into the coupler and line up that feature on a fp really makes a difference if the pen is displayed open. Then you can align the cap to the body as usual.

Or, you could always change it over to a rollerball :)

Great blank again, did you get that precut as a pen blank, or take it out of a larger piece yourself?

Last edited:

HazzaB

Hey There,

Thanks for the Comments,

JSkeen, I'll take your tips onboard, I had a bit of trouble with the Cap piece, there was a gum inclusion at the edge of the sapwood that blew out ( Had to Fill ), so I was trying to cover the recovery with the Clip. But honesyly I hadn't even considered the Nib lining up with the feature on the outside, I will take note on the next one. I brought the timber in 1"x1"x1' sections from a guy here in Perth.

HazzaB

Top Bottom