Starter Wood Grab Boxes for New Pen-Turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Notnate

I have 6 SFRBs of 40 half blanks (2.25" - 2.75" most around 2.625") and (1) 7mm Concava pen kit for beginners. These are freeish and you only pay shipping plus the percentage that Paypal charges. The typical package has approximately (10) black walnut, (10) cherry, (14) maple (mix of curly and plain grain), and (3 ea.) oak and elm, but those numbers do vary. That is enough wood for 20 slimline type pens or 40 shorter single body pens. The concava kits are from the starter pack i bought over a year ago and really don't intend to turn any time soon. See the picture below for an example pack.

First 6 to message me get them for the cost of $6.13 to cover shipping and Paypal fee.:)

Attachments

• 20160101_174908.jpg
    20160101_174908.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks for doing this, Nathan. That's a real fine offer for some new turners. Gifts like that helped me get started a few years ago.

Notnate

Me too a year and a half ago. My addiction is cooling a little and going to move soon, i did an inventory of my supplies and i realized i had WAY more wood than i could possibly use in probably 2 years of pen turning without going any more broke buying kits for it all. Figured it was my chance to pay forward the good turns done for me when I started. :D

salvy2sr

count me in

I would love to be the recipient of some blanks to get me started. I tried my first turning today and cut a little too deep into the wood. I could use some more pieces just in case it happens some more.

Thank You

Sal

Notnate

Sal,

Welcome to the IAP!
PM me with your address and i will give you my Paypal info so you have some more practice materials :)

Top Bottom