Started Three More Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This is a work in progress. After barbequing pork chops for dinner last night I went out in my shop and raided my scrap bins and glued up some scraps to be turned into bowls . Planed them down this morning and cut them round and even cut some rings and glued them up already . One 9" and one two 12" that will yield 11.5" diameter .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Yes sir. I want to be like you. Post the finish please.

I just started the glue up from scraps last evening but spent some time on them today. They are coming along quite nicely and I am hoping to have them finished in the morning before I go for minor surgery right after lunch .

Great looking bowls... love the colors you got...

only thing bothers me about the RM bows is you only get one shape...

I like to vary my profiles some and do different shapes... haven't tried the glue ups or segmented bowls yet, but thinking about them.

W.Y.

Great looking bowls... love the colors you got...

only thing bothers me about the RM bows is you only get one shape...

I like to vary my profiles some and do different shapes... haven't tried the glue ups or segmented bowls yet, but thinking about them.

I understand what you are saying but that makes no difference whatsoever when displaying them at craft sales . They sell like candy .
I have made quite a few curved sided ones with my RM but they do take longer to make and didn't sell any quicker than the straight sided ones.
People really go for the different colors and designs and the fact that there are never two the same .

W.Y.

Thanks for the kind words guys . Those are just laminated ones .

Since getting back from minor surgery this afternoon I cut out segments for three more bowls and glued them up into round boards . All three similar but different . I never like to do two the same except when I get a request to . Glue has to dry overnight on those before planing and cutting rings .
Making them is easy peasy . Waiting for glue to dry is the most time consuming part of it . .

Top Bottom