Staple remover?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dansills

Have a request for a statesman with a matching handle flat staple remover. Really hoping somebody here can help me with this one. I have overworked my brain on this already and just can't come up with the answer. I would have thought one of the kit manufacturers would have thought of this one - I mean a bracelet holder but no staple remover?

Any ideas or volunteer kit manufacturers??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

If I read correctly, how would a letter opener work for the remover? I remember using one of the letter openers shaped like a 2 sided dull knife to remove staples a few years back. If this is not what you are looking for, please just disregard.
Charles

ctubbs

Why not take one of them, remove the handle and using the methods of pistol scales builders, cast a new matching handle on it or if wood, shape the handle and attach it to the remover? I am probably way over simplifying the process.
Charles

ctubbs

Dan, there are a couple of turners here that also work with knives and pistols. They make the handles for the knives and the replaceable grips for pistols called scales. They were on here less than a month ago so the post should show up in a search. All I know about them is what I read and you could loose all that info in a small thimble. Wish I could be more help.
Charles

I would be concerned about torque on the acrylic handle. That little $2 thing will flex ALOT, in my completely humble opinion. With wood, not such a problem, but I would be nervous with a thin-walled acrylic ... your mileage will vary, and so might your opinion.

dansills

Yes I believe you are correct about the flexing. I am pretty sure that the actual 'head' of the device will have to be lik a pens nib and come from a supplier. I think i got the body part - its pretty easy with just a custom length tube and a spare part from a closed end pen I made. Any metal workers have an idea how to attach a press fitting onto the puller flat metal part?

Top Bottom