Stained Glass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Tried an idea from a recent Woodturning with using Jo Sonja colors to create a stained glass look. Combined it with some piercing. Had to add some dragonflies in honor of a recent demo at our club by Binh Pho. Norway Maple around 7" (18 cm) across. Finished with waterborne lacquer.

Attachments

• JS Dragon Glass 01.jpg
    JS Dragon Glass 01.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Tried an idea from a recent Woodturning with using Jo Sonja colors to create a stained glass look. Combined it with some piercing. Had to add some dragonflies in honor of a recent demo at our club by Binh Pho. Norway Maple around 7" (18 cm) across. Finished with waterborne lacquer.

:eek::eek: Eric; I take it this is more of a fruit bowl than a punch bowl !! Excellent craftsmanship !! I also would like to see more of the stained glass effect. Keep up the A+ work. Jim S

Jim Burr

Banned
Why no pic's...one doesn't count!! Really!? Eric...show the bowl off bud...cool idea and I'd really like to see the 360!

randyrls

That looks exquisite!

Some time ago, I made some pens from a "Stained Glass" blank (PSI?) and while it does look like stained glass, there isn't any light going thru to make it shine.

Your bowl makes me wonder if it is possible to take some transparent / translucent resin and fill the holes in the bowl???

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all,

Here are some shots of the bottom. The method is to use a black background (black spray paint) then mask that with 1/4" tape to create the effect of the framework between the glass panels. Then brush on Jo Sonja Iridescent Acrylics. These are actually better described as Interference colors, they are almost invisible on a light background, and vivid shimmery colors on a black background. They change color and intensity with viewing angle.

Attachments

• JS Dragon Glass 01a.jpg
    JS Dragon Glass 01a.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 256
  • JS Dragon Glass 01b.jpg
    JS Dragon Glass 01b.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 284
  • JS Dragon Glass 01c.jpg
    JS Dragon Glass 01c.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 243
  • JS Dragon Glass 01d.jpg
    JS Dragon Glass 01d.jpg