Stab oak Burl?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

I have a few Stab oak burl pen blanks. Does anyone know anything about this wood. There are over 500 species of oak worldwide, so I'm not even sure where this is from. I haven't been able to find any info through my google searches.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

I've gone through my invoices for this year, but can't find where I bought it. I may have traded for it. I do a lot of trading.

The blank has this written on it in black marker:

JW Stab oak Burl

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I would guess Stabilized Oak is correct, that is how I would label my blank if I had it stabilized. Turn it and find out, should smell the stabilizing resion as you cut.

wb7whi

I ordered some recently from someone on the list called wolfdancer. It is really nice material

Wolfdancer

Banned
I ordered some recently from someone on the list called wolfdancer. It is really nice material

Thanks Wayne
Mine is being cut from a 500 pound Spalted Oak Burl its not stablized. If you are able to post a picture of it I could help with the ID of it. Here is a picture of the stuff that I am selling.

Thanks Rod

Attachments

• 100_3477.jpg
    100_3477.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Rmartin

Stablized seems to be the best option, but I still would like to know what species of oak this is, It's very brown. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom