Squaring sleeves

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have a PSI universal squaring jig...It works great with 7mm tubes. It doesn include any sleeves for use with larger diameter tubes. I suppose a person could not worry about it and just use the 7mm for every thing but I think that might not work does anyone know where a body might find sleeves. e

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

Smitty,

I made my own sleeves by turning down cast-off blanks with 7 mm tubes. Turn them to slide inside of the brass tube for the pen kit your are making.

Wade

Jolly Red

I have had good results not using any sleeves on the PSI jig, just be sure to hold the blank firmly on the arm of the jig, so the blank will stay in alignment with the arm of the jig.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Smitty,

I made my own sleeves by turning down cast-off blanks with 7 mm tubes. Turn them to slide inside of the brass tube for the pen kit your are making.

Wade
lol ... Thank you, that is so obvious that I have to wonder why it didn't occur to me. I'm going to blame my advanced age.

zig613

Smitty,

Wade
lol ... Thank you, that is so obvious that I have to wonder why it didn't occur to me. I'm going to blame my advanced age.

I can't blame it on my age... it is the big 5 gallon bucket of cast-offs blanks that I have in corner of the workshop that I keep as a reminder that I still more practice to get to perfection :)

Wade

butchf18a

Ditto what Zig said. I too made my own until I invested in set of trimmers for every size. Realize that may not be an option for everyone, however point being, made the sleeves as I needed them, still have them, work well.

Curly

Or you could make your own. :wink:

Attachments

• sanding jig..JPG
    sanding jig..JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 142
Top Bottom