Spring PITH 2011

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Well the deadline has passed of when this event should have been completed by. I have been monitoring the thread and photo album closely and I have been contacted recently by a rather large list of folks who have yet to receive their pen. Some of these swaps have good reason for being delayed (Canada Post for example), others really do not. I have been working (harder than should be needed) with a bunch of folks to get things back on track, and in most cases, I think they are. If you have not received you pen and have not already let me know, please do so via a PM. If you have not received your pen but have worked out the details with you partner already and there has been good communication, you do not need to contact me. There is a list of folks that, at this time, it seems may get "left out" of receiving a pen. I think I'll have a busy weekend in the shop turning some more pine as I don't want to see anyone left out if they did their part. Thanks to all those who did what they needed to do. There were some awesome pens that came from the event. I hope everyone found out that even Pine can have a place in our little world.:biggrin::wink: Thanks again for letting me be a part of the IAP and thanks to the Admin and especially Jeff for making the IAP possible.

Landon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

Mine was delivered to Todd Lajoie yesterday. I didnt have time to take pictures of it before it went out so hopefully he will chime in soon with some pictures of it.

Justin

robutacion

As you said, no one should me missing out on their pen, the delays form the Canadian Post are just one of the unfortunate realities that do happen, the same goes for those that, despite their best efforts and intentions, life turned South for them and making a pen is the last thing on their mind or capability.

There a number of reasons that can make someone not to fulfill his/her PITH obligations, which will attract a very unpleasant "penalty" BUT, there will be probably those, that have just no excuse and they should just consider NOT entering these type events just because they want to be seen as willing participants, when if fact, have absolutely no intention to participate...!:mad:

Anyway, I'm glad that some other members are putting their hands up, to make up for the lack of others responsibilities/duties as IAP members, and I hope that the number of members missing out, at the moment, is low...! Anyone wants to be "screwed"...???

I believe, I covered all sides of the non-compliant's and all aspects of the possible reasons, for those that done the right, good on'ya, mate...!:wink: , for those that did not, shame on you...!:frown:

NOTE: If you disagree with me and would like to "spit bullets", please do so by PM, lets keep this thread clean...!:wink:

Cheers
George

toddlajoie

Mine was delivered to Todd Lajoie yesterday. I didnt have time to take pictures of it before it went out so hopefully he will chime in soon with some pictures of it.

Justin

Wasn't around over the weekend, but I got it yesterday when I got home, Now I'm sorry I wasn't around when it came in, I missed 3 days of knowing I was graced with it's magnificence... Took a few quick shots:

1_PITH_2011_03__sm_.jpg

1_PITH_2011_02__sm_.jpg

Will be posting it anywhere I can get away with it...

Timebandit

There it is!!:) Thanks for posting it Todd, i didnt get to take pictures of it and have been waiting in anticipation for when you posted you got it.

So the story. First of all i dont know what all the hubbub was about.....i had no problem turning my pine.......no sure what everyone elses problem was:biggrin:JK.

This is some Norfolk Island Pine i got from Goodturns. He also sent me a kit pen but there wernt any tubes so i just thought i would improvise. Its fully kitless, no tubes in there, NIP pine segmented with Ebonite and an Ebonite front section, Heritance feed and nib. CA finish. Sent him a few goodie blanks as well.

Hope you enjoy it Todd. This was my first PITH and i had fun making and giving it away.

Justin

Justin

Wasn't around over the weekend, but I got it yesterday when I got home, Now I'm sorry I wasn't around when it came in, I missed 3 days of knowing I was graced with it's magnificence... Took a few quick shots:

1_PITH_2011_03__sm_.jpg

1_PITH_2011_02__sm_.jpg

Will be posting it anywhere I can get away with it...

turbowagon

USAFVET98 -after several forced "design opportunities," your pen is finally complete. It's not without imperfections, but I pushed my skills to their limit. It will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Here are a couple teaser pics:

pith_teaser1.jpg

pith_teaser2.jpg

Best,

Joe

Last edited:

Rfturner

my recipient and I have our pens, I will get my photo up I forgot to take photo of the pen I sent off and still need to take a photo of the one i got

Top Bottom