Spring Blossom kit from Timberbits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just saw those today on a Google search. I'll really be interested in your thoughts after you check them out. Look good in the pictures :rolleyes:

renowb

As a matter of fact, I just received a couple today. Will give them a try soon.

PenMan1

If someone makes an order for these, I'd like to buy one set.
I buy from Timberbits in $200 chunks to save the shipping.

The Spring Blossom hardware looks identical to the Emperor hardware that I am paying $50 per set.

I know that many times things that look identical are not, but it would be fun to build one of these to sit beside an emperor with the same blank.

G1Pens

If someone makes an order for these, I'd like to buy one set.
I buy from Timberbits in $200 chunks to save the shipping.

The Spring Blossom hardware looks identical to the Emperor hardware that I am paying $50 per set.

I know that many times things that look identical are not, but it would be fun to build one of these to sit beside an emperor with the same blank.

I just ordered a few. Shipping to US is only $5. I usually have my order withing 10 days.

MartinPens

Chatham PenWorks said:
These appear to be the same as the Empress from Axminster. I hope Dave insists on better quality control.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88786

Upon inspection, compared to the photo, it looks identical to the Empress Pen.

I don't have any Emperor kits to compare with, but I do have an Imperial kit and it does not match up to that kit. It just has a lower quality look and feel. It's the accents - not as deeply etched - and the nib sections and cap sections have a different feel. I'll try to do a side by side comparison, but it's really not fair to the Blossom kit. Hope this helps. It's not a terrible looking kit, but honestly I would do a Cambridge Hybrid from Berea or a Roman Harvest from Timberbits before I bought any more of these,

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Last edited:

renowb

Did one today...not bad. I like it. I did have the piece on the nib end come off. I had to glue it back on, but other than that, it's all good.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom