Spider Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

I'm going to try to cast a spider soon and was wondering how I should prep the tube? I'm not sure if I should paint it and if so should I use spray paint or brush on? The spider is black. This will be my first cast ever but I'm determined to get this right the first time. I've been watching any casting videos I can find to learn.
Donny

Brooks803

whatever paint you use make sure it can stand up to the heat the resin will generate. powdercoating might be another option. Sorry, haven't cast many bugs (with success) or I'd have more for you.

seamus7227

I cast a brown recluse in PR, but only as a paperweight. good luck, as this ids no easy task, especially if its your first time. make sure you take lots of notes and plenty of pictures so you can refer back to them.

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

titan2

I'm going to try to cast a spider soon and was wondering how I should prep the tube? I'm not sure if I should paint it and if so should I use spray paint or brush on? The spider is black. This will be my first cast ever but I'm determined to get this right the first time. I've been watching any casting videos I can find to learn.
Donny

The hard part is getting the spider to cooperate.....difficult to get them to hold still long enough for the casting to harden! :)

Barney

Top Bottom