Spent some time in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom D

Tom D

I have finally spent some time in the shop. A couple weeks ago I turned a pen for co-worker and close friend. He an I have traveled 3/4 of the way around the world with work so I decided to make him a pen out of an Australian Burl cap I got from Exotic Wood Creations and put it on a tycoon. I also replaced the fenial with burl (a lot of fun).

The second one. Hans Wunch gave a demonistration last Saturday at the Carolina pen club on turning pine cones. On my way home from the meeting I stopped at a house that had some large pine cones in the front yard and they gladly let me pick some up. Here is what I got.

Both pens were finished with CA sanded with MM to 12000 and polished with PlasticX and RW.
All comments are welcomed.

Attachments

• IMGP4139_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP4139_edited-1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMGP4141_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP4141_edited-1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMGP4133_edited-2.jpg
    IMGP4133_edited-2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMGP4138_edited-2.jpg
    IMGP4138_edited-2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

And they say you cannot make a decent pine cone pen out of a large flowered Pine cone. This proves you can. I am going to pick up a bunch of them from around this cabin we are staying in Big Bear.

rizaydog

Very nice pens. I am a big fan of pine cone pens. I just turned one yesterday. It is tough to get a pen out of a big cone, but it can be done. Great job.

Top Bottom