Spent most of the morning casting ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

How I hate repetition, but you do what you have to.
At my last show I sold out of cactus pens and also got an order for a number of cactus pens from a sales manager of a large company to be used as sales incentives. I'm 1/2 way to my goal of 50. I know there's only 21 showing but I have 6 more in the pot now. The snake and Florentine casting were done with left over resin using Charlie's(Newlondon88) new label molds.

cactus.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

How did you like the molds?

Here is a review that I wrote on these about a month ago.http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43669 The Only change I would do is find a way to compensate for PR shrinkage. I cast mostly Jrs. so if the brass shows up to 1/64 no big deal just mill to the PR. You might not have this with Alumilite but I'm a PR guy and as I said I can live with it.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Here is a review that I wrote on these about a month ago.http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43669 The Only change I would do is find a way to compensate for PR shrinkage. I cast mostly Jrs. so if the brass shows up to 1/64 no big deal just mill to the PR. You might not have this with Alumilite but I'm a PR guy and as I said I can live with it.

The new masters have 3mm extra built in for PR shrinkage. But the Jr's are
from the original masters. :redface:

ps .. can we get a look at the florentine?

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Charlie, the review is also one of the Florentine Pens. I make them in 5 colors, give me a bit and I'll see if I can find a photo of all five colors.

ps .. can we get a look at the florentine?[/quote]

Top Bottom