Spell Check for IE Users

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Here is an excellent spell check program (FREE) that allows you to check any typed information you enter into an input field.

I like this program as it gives me the ability to move the 'suggestion box' to any place on my screen and leave it there out of the way while I continue to read the suggested corrections. Then you can have the program use this spot for all your future corrections if you select iespell OPTIONS (right click mouse) and tell it to remember the placement.

Go to www.iespell.com which is the MAIN PAGE. Look on the left side and select the 'DOWNLOAD" tab and there you have it.

Install and reboot the system. The spell check is now available from a single right click of your mouse. :)

I just wish it would correct the frequent misuse of 'your' (i.e., ... Is that your car?') for 'you're' (i.e., you're sure that you want to do that?) :eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

HI

Spell check would reveal the way the American nation has changed the spelling of so many words,trivial really when they are so easily understood and the meaning is the same. In Australia we have so many slang words and phrases we enjoy derived from Cockney English slang words.
A friend of ours was in England around the 1950 s worked in a rather large typing pool and just on finishing time with a date to get to made an error (made a blue to us) called out anyone got a rubber. This has no inferences entirely innocent to us Aussies. The whole staff just stared at her and very few of them spoke to her for a few days. I dare say it would raise the odd eyebrow or three in America as well.
Travelling as I have in about 40 Countries around the world and with so many accents and interpretations can be exciting. Hands up all those people on this site who are not multi lingual or who do not understand there is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.
Speaking for myself as a nearly 75 yr old who types with one finger whose keyboard has difficulty spelling I try to enjoy the way we all think and act photograph,contribute and above all share.
As an Electrician can you imagine my pure approach to workshop wiring practices, double adapters,multi machines on inadequate circuits etc, I guess an expert language interpretation matters in dealing with legal matters or else why would they cloak simple phrases in gobldy gook to cover themselves or deceive.
Please feel free to correct my parsing,spelling,expression but never doubt my determination to share this great hobby of pen turning.
Freezing here trust you are warm or hot there enjoy the differences that exist in everything.
Regards Peter.

Fred

Have not seen this older post' used lately. However, I know that Cav has lost many a grey/gray hair observing the VERY often misuse of the words there vs their, and the biggest mix up is using Your in place of YOU'RE.

THERE is the lathe and you can use THEIR tools carefully!

YOUR house belongs to you or someone else. YOU'RE (you are) the one that is responsible for feeding the family. YOUR denotes and attitude of ownership and other such things.

As Cav is probably thinking, "Sheesh, just what does it take!!!"

Any way, here is the link again for a good, free, quick to install, and easy to use, SPELL CHECKER.

http://www.iespell.com/

Write YOUR 'posting' and/or YOUR 'reply' and then right click with YOUR mouse asnd the YOU'ER on the way to being corrected a bit. Hopefully!

Give Cav (and some of the others of us that quite often read most of the new posts and say, "What is that again?"

moke

Fred--
This appears to be an awesome program!!! Thanks!! I do not always care for the spell check in Word--it has some different ideas. I am a firm believer that particularly a business letter is a reflection of how your work may be....this will help me here and in business..
Mike aka: Moke

Pens By Scott

I wonder how it works with the kids these days, you know the ones that txt all the time, things like: yur, Y, LOL, kewl, wit u and stuff like that..

But I am using Google's Chrome, has it's own spell checker... works for me.

Top Bottom