speed selector assembly on Jet 1236

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TreeBits

Does anyone know how to replace, or at least remove for inspection, the 'speed selector assembly'? I cannot adjust the speed, the handle won't pull back and forth. I suspect that it has gear teeth on it that moves the top pulley head back and forth and the the gear teeth are stripped - or out of position on one or the other. But I cannot figure out how this assembly is removed. There is a round plate that screws to the lathe headstock and I have removed the 2 screws but that plate will now move a little (spinning), it shows no inclination to pull out from the headstock. Anyone have any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Tom,
It's a little hard to explain by typing an answer, and it has been more that 2 years ago since I changed worked on my old 1236. Here on page 16 is a diagram of the lathe. If you still need help, I'll PM you my phone number and you can call any time.

TreeBits

Thanks a ton Monty. After I removed the set screw holding the rack to the bracket, the rack pushed out and then the speed selector assembly pulled right out. The rack was in fine shape - after I scraped away all of the pieces of the other piece, the gear portion of the assembly. I order the parts and it seems like it 'shuld' go back together pretty easily also. Thanks again, Tom

Wooly

Gotta say

You probably all ready know but I just have to say:rolleyes:. Never try to move the speed handle with out the the lathe running.

Hope I didn't offend,
Lynn Woolever

Top Bottom