special plastic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

btboone

Has anyone seen some acrylic or other material for pens that has one color on the outside of a cylinder and slowly fades to another color towards the center? I haven't seen such a thing, but some pretty neat looking effects would be possible by adding milled grooves or slots of different depths to a pen made of something like this.

An unrelated question: has anyone found a source for some of the nice looking acrylics that are able to supply it in wider than the usual pen blank size of 5/8's inch? I could use the same 5/8's thickness, but 1 1/4 wide or wider would be good for a special project.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Try Bev's site. I seem to remember some of the bowling ball material being thicker but, I believe, it's sold in cylinder form.

The site's listed on the homepage. Pens of Color - I think.

PenWorks

some of the inlace acrylester blanks from CS are about 3/4 in size and about 3 or 4 are somewhat translucent, like the bronze, golden/violet and the green/gold. They are very nice material.

btboone

Thanks Lou. Anthony, I forgot to mention that I did find knife handle material in acrylester that is that size, and that what I use in my Executive Series rings. I'd like to check into some of the nicer looking celluloids and acrylics as well but haven't found a source for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom