Special order finished,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi all. A few days ago I posted a thread about this pen. Well the thread ended up being 44 post's long, so I didn't want to drag it out of the archives. If your curious, it's this one "Special Order".
This is the finished product. It came back from Ken at Kallenshaan Woods. I sent it to him Friday of last week and it showed in my mail today (Tuesday). Granted, he is only about 100 miles from me, that is still ""fast"". I am impressed. I am also impressed with the work. Very nice job. Clean, crisp and very professional. Thank you Ken.
Heres the finished product. And, by the way, SHYF stands for "Saint Helens Youth Football". My oldest son's a coach for my Grandsons team and involved in the organization.
Thanks for looking and comments and critiques welcome.

attachment.jpg

PS: Can everyone see this photo?????

Attachments

• SHYF finished piece 600oval.jpg
    SHYF finished piece 600oval.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Ahh yes I see it now. Very nice I like the color.
Did you use a decal a water slide perhaps or is that lasered in ?
Edit
I should read first ask questions later. I see it was lasered very nice job.

Last edited:

stevers

Yes, it was lasered. I'd recommend Ken to anyone.
Now I have to decide if I want to stay with the yellow and black striped blank. I'm afraid it washes out the engraving too much. I'm wondering if I should go with a solid color, or perhaps a lamination.
Any thoughts?

alphageek

Former Moderator
Yes, it was lasered. I'd recommend Ken to anyone.
Now I have to decide if I want to stay with the yellow and black striped blank. I'm afraid it washes out the engraving too much. I'm wondering if I should go with a solid color, or perhaps a lamination.
Any thoughts?

Nice looking pen and engraving, but yes I agree that this color combination doesn't work with the engraving. If you're really into this color blank, maybe a significantly different colorfill for the text?

redfishsc

A bright red or even turquoise would look fine on the yellow IMO.

It is a bit washed out with all the squigglies.

I have a fat cigar pen made with that same blank and EVERYONE looks at it, picks it up, says it's neat, and then buys a different pen for whatever reason.

Ligget

Pen looks good, however, the engraving should be the main feature. I would use a blank that is plain like the solid colour you mentioned, then the writing and logo behind the SHYF would stand out much clearer. :cool:

Top Bottom