SPALTED ELM BOWL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mac

Mac

1_IMG_1015_640_480.JPG

This one was fun, cause I finally can get past end grain tearout I hope. Thanks to my new big hog dog scraper. For you bowl turners I took a before and after of the bottom. Bowl turners always look at the bottom.
Spalted Elm from Bengin, Arkansas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

MAC ... Very interesting bowl and very nicely turned. And, yes, you are correct in that finishing the bottom does make for a more interesting turning and just about always make folks ask as to how you made the item. BTW, nice set of Cole Jaws.

Also, I was/am unable to open the last photograph of your finished bowl.

Mac

MAC ... Very interesting bowl and very nicely turned. And, yes, you are correct in that finishing the bottom does make for a more interesting turning and just about always make folks ask as to how you made the item. BTW, nice set of Cole Jaws.

Also, I was/am unable to open the last photograph of your finished bowl.

Thanks, I don't have a clue why it won't open. However I went to photos and it opened.

Mac

I'm not sure what I'm more jealous of; your turning or the HUGE rack of turning tools in the background! Very nice bowl.
You know, after I posted these pictures, I was wondering, if anybody would notice anything. Hate to dissapoint on the tools but most are HF their best set, 5 or 6 homemade and a few good ones. Three of which Santa brought me.

Top Bottom