Source

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fireangels

Im looking to graduate from slims, cigars and euros basically rollerballs what is a good pen?
where do I get it the cheapest?
Do they make a mont blanc?
what pencil kit is the best?

help would be great ....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Take a little while and look through the pens in SOYP (Show off your pen) forum. See which ones you like.

THEN, you can decide if you want kits that work well or kits that are cheap. Happy to lead you to a few sources, whatever you decide you like.

Haynie

I think the OP is wondering where the source of the least expensive good stuff. There is a wide variety of prices on the net. It is possible to want the best quality at the best price. and high price does not always mean highest quality either.

PenMan1

Although you may think you want the cheapest, YOU REALLY DON'T!!!! Especially if you plan to sell them.

(Climb up on soap box)...There are several companies selling "Sierras", 3 of those products are cheap as hell and the plating, transmissions, etc, MIGHT MAKE IT THROUGH ASSEMBLY!

As tempting as it is to by the cheapest, ugliest crap out there...IT DOESN'T SELL. Just go ahead an plan to buy the best platings, etc that you can afford. Did you ever think that even the cheapest STUFF IS warrantied, but the return postage and the "new" postage costs you TWICE what you paid for the P.O.S. to begin with!

Jr. Gents, Jr Statesman, Triton, Elegent Beauty Sierras all sell WELL for me.

Last edited:

toddlajoie

IMO, at the moment, the Jr Gent II series is the best bang for your buck in the better plating. Nice kit at a very good price. I'm surprised the smaller black threaded baron/navigator/sedona series is so much more expensive than the JRGIIs. Like everything else, avoid the real gold, the Gold Ti and Black Ti are just a couple bucks more, and will last much longer, and the kit is still a bargain.

its_virgil

How much longer must I turn pens to graduate from slims? Fifteen yrs and no diploma. I made one this week with a closed end on the cap and hidden clip. Oh yea, I've not made all of the modified slims I have in my sketch book.:biggrin::biggrin:

Look through the catgalogs and websites and find a couple you like and go for it. You've gotten some excellent advice. Good luck with your decision.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Im looking to graduate from slims

PenMan1

How much longer must I turn pens to graduate from slims? Fifteen yrs and no diploma. I made one this week with a closed end on the cap and hidden clip. Oh yea, I've not made all of the modified slims I have in my sketch book.:biggrin::biggrin:

Look through the catgalogs and websites and find a couple you like and go for it. You've gotten some excellent advice. Good luck with your decision.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Im looking to graduate from slims

That's just the teacher in you, Don.....you'll keep do'em and do'em until you get them perfect:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. IMHO, slims are the hardest to make!!!!

Top Bottom