Source Needed: African Blackwd with Heart and Sap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I have a friend who wants to order a few cigar pens, with most of them being made from African Blackwood. The trick is, he wants them to include both heartwood and sapwood, for a two-toned effect. I think I have one or two blanks left, but I'll need a few more to fill the order. Anyone have a good source who might have some in stock?

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Jim,
It may take a week or so, but I just ordered some with sapwood and I have some small pieces I could look through for you, if you are in a rush. I also ordered more today, from another source. Give me a holler (or an e-mail).
Rob

Thanks Rob. I think I stumbled onto your source a few mintues ago, after I posted this request! [:D] I'm not in a HUGE rush, but would need to get the wood in the next week or so to give me enough time to make everything. As I mentioned, I have one or two blanks (I think), so I can at least get started and give him an idea of what to expect.

Thanks Bruce, that's a good idea. May check my local hardwood supplier too.

Rob, anything you can turn up will be appreciated!

Hi Jim,

I have found that Ryan at Woodturningz has a great selection of African Blackwood. I know he has some with both heartwood and sapwood, and I'm sure they would hand-pick you some sticks if you asked them.

Scott.

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Thanks for the lead guys! I'll have to pester Ryan and Rob once the order is confirmed.

I just got two with nice sapwood from Leetreeworks. I know he has it too.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom