Source for online music for non-Ipod mp3's?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I am a bit musically illiterate, but I do have an mp3 player-- 4 gig RCA, which has been good to me. I typically listen to 6-20 hours of lectures/sermons per week and a good bit of audio Bible and this thing keeps on truckin'. It's nice to have a job that requires your hands a bit more than your brains at times ;)

Anyhow, I want to download some mp3's but I do not have I-tunes installed on my computer nor do I want to bother with it unless I have to-- I use the "drag and drop" method to synch what I want onto the device when I can, and use Windows Media Player if I have to.

So if y'all could edumacate me a bit on some things or guide me in the right direction, maybe recommend a good service for downloading some stuff--- music by well known groups (ie, not the free "knockoff" and "tribute" junk).

1) I want to pay per song, not for a monthly subscription.

2) Needs to be mp3 format, not some bizarre format that has to be converted.

3) No expiration on the "license".

4) Good selection of pretty much all the categories and major artists.

Thanks to those more musically informed!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Walmart.com has mp3 downloads that are as cheap as you'll find. Very easy to use and they have tons of songs. Everything's clean and legit. I'd stay away from the peer to peer like limewire, et al.

redfishsc

Thanks. I wasn't aware Wallyworld sold music downloads.

BTW I have the RCA Lyra. Only a few snags-- it has been known to lock up, but it's always come to it's senses after a few minutes, I haven't had to do a reset yet, after a LOT of useage.

L10856878.jpg

toolcrazy

Yahoo Music Jukebox (used to be MusicMatch) is what I use. No subscriptions. Good prices on individual songs and just about ever tune under the sun. I find it very easy to use.

Be careful of some of those peer to peer programs, a good many of them are full of spyware and the songs you get are pirated.

badger

My personal favorite these days is eMusic.com.

They are a legal and legit source for lots of good music.

I've also used Amazon.com for music downloads too.

Both sell reasonable priced mp3, without funky DRM to mess things up.

badger

Top Bottom