SOURCE FOR FREE BLANKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCAR15

Folks, found a limitless supply of 3/4 X 3/4 X 6" blanks of Spanish Cedar. Not an exotic wood, but turns like butter, and takes dye well if you desire. Unlike storebought blanks, I have NEVER had one that wasn't perfectly square! Thought I would pass this along to the members here....
Cigar boxes use these blanks as spacers to pack the cigars. Usually the cigar store proprietor tosses them in the trash. Most will save them and give them to you if you ask. I have about 200 of these and as I said before, while not an ambronya burl, they turn very easily and the PRICE IS RIGHT! OSCAR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

No problem guys,,,,, I am an avid cigar fiend, and I saw a viable resource going in the garbage. It is a very nice wood all in all. Not much variation on grain, but I have used BLO to "pop" the grain, and have also used dyes....Best of all is the fact that it come free! OSCAR

OSCAR15

Hey Al....
1st question: Never got "that" drunk"
2nd question: Nope what is it? I thought I lived in Bubbasville a.k.a Winder Ga.

DocStram

Hey Oscar ..... we're trying to set up a get together in the Atlanta area .... sometime, maybe, in August. Check out the conversation in Casual Conversation ... Atlanta Bubbasville.

It would be great if you could get together with us!

redfishsc

Lol, I'm sitting on about 20 board-feet of 5/4 spanish cedar I got for free at my plywood wholesaler. They had a few boards that a trainee ran over with the forklift. Since they're 14' long, there's only about 4 feet messed up.

I've been trying to figure out what to do with it, but I've never been impressed by a S-C pen.

kf4knf

I dont like spanish Spanish C. It seems to be a bit to soft to make a good pen from. An finger nail could dent this stuff without much effort. [B)]

crashgtr

I just turned a cigar punch form a scrap from one of those cigar boxes. The only issue I ran into was that the piece was made up of several slices veneered together but I don't think it was jointed well so I had to turn away some of the layers because of the uneven glue lines.

20068924716_span_cdr_punch.jpg
<br />

[:D]Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom