Sorby Spindlemaster?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BogBean

Hi Everyone,
I am very new to this hobby. I have been looking at Sorby turning tools. Does anyone in the group use the Spindlemaster and if so how do they like it. Sorby says the Spindlemaster will do the same work as a skew without the dig-ins. I have a pen turning video and the turner is using a spindle gouge to finish the pen. How would you rate the Spindlemaster vs the spindle gouge? Thank you so much for the help....Chuck

elody21

I tried the sorby spindlemaster and did not like it. I found it hard to get used to. Instead I got the skewegouge(this might be spelled wrong) from crown tools. I bought it from Woodcraft. The shaft is round and it much eaiser to handle. I even use it for hollowing out very small bowls etc.. To sharpen it I do some thing very different. I clamp it into the vice with the beveled side up and use a dremmel with the tip that is made for sharpening chain saws ( the grinding tip only not the gig you can get for chain saws) I run it back and forth flat across the bevel. You can tell when it is ready. The surface becomes even and you can feel a burr on the end. I hope this helps. Good Luck, Elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom