Something new

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is something I have not seen posted before. I am sure it has been done, just have not seen it posted. It is Magnolia seed pods cast in Magma Red resin. Finish is CA.

attachment.php

Oh, did I mention that there are 2 lots of these blanks up for auction at www.penefit.org? :biggrin:

Attachments

• Mag.jpg
    Mag.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 959
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Very nice. I have a handful of Magnolia pods, I collected, to give it a try when I get a pressure pot.. Nicely Done...

wiset1

I said it before and I'll say it again, you're a Mad Scientist Curtis! Awesome work

VampMN

That is really beautiful, Curtis. I've bid on one of the sets. I doubt I'll get them, but at the very least, I can help drive the price up!

ctubbs

Beautiful pen Curtis. The colors are awesome and the fit and finish are nothing to sneeze at, either. Good job.
Charles

stolicky

I saw these when they went up on the penefit. I originally bid on some but have been outbid. We'll how high I go. I do have my eye on something else there.

hewunch

Curtis, great looking pen! It turned out fantastic

That's really sweet looking Curtis. Like it a lot. I don't know what a magnolia seed pod looks like, but as a pen it rocks.

Jeff, the Magnolia tree has to be one of the nastiest trees that God ever created. Because it is constantly dropping something. Flowers, pods, big waxy leaves, and limbs. When in bloom some people think they look and smell pretty, but all I see are things to clean up and the flowers smell like dirty sweat socks. If you can get something worth while out of them, you are doing better than 99% of the population.

Top Bottom