Something New... Jungle **** Elegant Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I've been spending all of my free time making feather blanks lately. I just got these new feathers in from Northern Europe and decided to take a little time out and turn one. Its a Jungle **** Elegant Beauty. Unfortunately the picture is not the best. My wife took a small handful of pens to work this morning, this one included, and her last text message was that she sold a few pens to coworkers. I fear this one is gone so the pic will have to do. All comments welcome. Thanks, John

Attachments

• Jungle **** EB.jpg
    Jungle **** EB.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 496
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice John. Just turned one of your Amhurst Peacock blanks (bought from Exoticblanks) this morning. Turned like soft butter and is absolutely beautiful. Had to arm wrestle my wife to get it back from her!

lorbay

Great looking pen John. I can't wait to turn the ones I got from you, haven't had a shop since I bought them and I am painting the new shop this weekend, so it will be soon.

Lin.

louie68

John very nice pen may i ask how much are you getting for the pen that showing?

bruce119

Those are some expensive feather on that pen. :eek:

Most don't know the value of high end Jungle ****. :confused:

The fishing guys do :biggrin:

Looks great nice job :wink:

mrburls

Looks great John. I've been getting hooked on your feather blanks lately since I tried one and I got to say they are beautiful. You do wonderful craftsmanship designing your blanks.

Keith "mrburls"

Bree

Those are some expensive feather on that pen. :eek:

Most don't know the value of high end Jungle ****. :confused:

The fishing guys do :biggrin:

Looks great nice job :wink:

That is one beautiful pen and the Jungle **** nails are perfect. Great work!

I bought a full Jungle **** skin many years ago when I used to tie Atlantic Salmon flies. I still have it and treasure it. It was $125 over 30 years ago. Not sure what they go for today but they aren't cheap!! They are quite rare, very expensive, and supremely beautiful.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JohnU

Thank you all for the comments. Im trying to mix it up with some new stuff. I really like the color in these birds, even though the feathers are really narrow and get pretty small.

Yes Bree, these have to be the most expensive Ive ever bought. lol I got a pretty good deal since I bought 10 of them but nothing like buying pheasant.

Dawn, Im sorry I must confess.... I absentmindedly wrote that title. I can tell you....
I wont let that happen again. "thinking... something about mind and gutters." lol

Thanks, John

Top Bottom