Something a little different for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lathemaster

Lathemaster

Havn't posted for awhile. Crazy house reno took 6 months but now I have my shop back.

Anyway turned a few Mini Egg Kaleidoscopes for the grand kids. Here is one in Cherry Burl with jade dust filling a void. Finish is my own natural finish of Walnut Oil and Beeswax.

Thanks for looking
Mike

Attachments

• Cherry Burl Kaleidescope Egg Collage.jpg
    Cherry Burl Kaleidescope Egg Collage.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 395
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like the little eggoscopes... I used to make them all the time and sold them like crazy, but all those little pieces are getting harder and harder for me to see, so I've stopped for now... I think I have a couple of kits in the shop to do one day.... my real ambition is to make some full sized kaleidoscopes... haven't yet, but they're on my list.

Fay Prozora

Me too. I have a bunch of those eggs made and ready for the hardware when I can get around to ordering some.I never have grown out of these I can sit for hours looking in them and seeing all the different colors and designs. I want to make a full size one too and even thought of looking in thrift shops for t he toy ones and taking the inside out and put them in a wooden one. THat was just a thought as those toy ones are make out of cardboard. I like making these. Great job on yours.. Fay

Me too. I have a bunch of those eggs made and ready for the hardware when I can get around to ordering some.I never have grown out of these I can sit for hours looking in them and seeing all the different colors and designs. I want to make a full size one too and even thought of looking in thrift shops for t he toy ones and taking the inside out and put them in a wooden one. THat was just a thought as those toy ones are make out of cardboard. I like making these. Great job on yours.. Fay

I have a set of front faced mirrors to make a full sized one.. just have to figure out a couple of things... how to turn the object chamber and what to make a good object chamber from... I'll get to it soon.

Haven't thought about taking a toy one apart... I spend a lot of time in thrift stores looking at their wine glasses to repurpose with wood stems... now I have to look for kaleidoscopes too.

Fay Prozora

I haven't found a toy one as yet but I keep looking when ever I'm in the thrift stores. One of these days I will find one and give it a try. Fay

Top Bottom