Someplace Safe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

When I got my "Free Blanks" last week I put them in a safe place until I could turn a pen this weekend. This morning I had to try and remember where the 'Someplace Safe" that I had put them was.:befuddled: After 5 hours of making a mess and sorting out / cleaning up the garage SWMBO asked what the heck I was doing. Far be it for me to admit that I had lost something so quickly so I listed off a bunch of things I was missing. I was reminded of stuff we had dispossed of and then when I mentioned the blanks she said you mean the ones sitting on the bandsaw??? :mad:

So much for "Someplace Safe", I had left them in plain sight, no wonder I couldnt find them. I had put stuff on the table next to them numerous times (They were not in the shipping envelop like I had thought.):redface:

With a little luck I turn them tomorrow as they are drilled and tubed waiting for a full cure on the glue. Anybody else have pathetic memory lapses like this? At least the wife is happier due to a cleaner garage.:)

George runs some fun activities for us but this was more fun than I expected. :biggrin:

Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

It was called "bench blind" at one place I worked. I suffer from it big time. :( I can loose things I put in my pocket. I feel you pain Bruce and live it too.

I'll add that now that you cleaned up you won't be able to find the stuff you put away. :)

Last edited:

mike4066

I frequently put down calipers or a tap or a marker and then spend 15 minutes looking for whatever just left my hand. It's getting worse...

I have this same problem... I think its because my garage / turning area is disorganized right now. Not because I'm ADD and forget.. .wait what were we talking about?

robutacion

Well, in many of our conversations, I have often spoke of my frustration about forgetting things so easily, these last few years, you responded that, its was part of "old age" which in Aussie language means " an old fart...!":eek: OK I thought, sure, I'm getting old a lot faster than I would like but, I questioned why, I have known so many 70ths, 80ths and even 90ths, with and amazing sharp head, and not forgetting things as easy as so many of us, so much younger.

While I still not know the answer to that, you are a fair chunk younger than me my friend so, who is the old fart, now...????:eek::wink::biggrin:

On the other hand, I'm happy that somehow, I created a "situation" that forced you to do things that pleased your wife, and if the old saying "happy wife, happy life" hits home, forgetting where you put the blanks, endup being a good thing, huh...???:)

Look forwards to see your entry pen...! Ohhhhh, and your wood species guess, no point in calling it Turkey wattle, I got that one covered...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Cwalker935

And I thought it was just me. I have to use my ID badge on the elevator to get to my floor. I could not find my badge the other day and then I realized that I was holding it in my hand.

Top Bottom