Someone Else... with Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Just clarifying that these are not a second set from Chuck.

I took some turnings to the local Art Center last week, after reviewing them for a few days the Director purchased everything out-right,:biggrin: except for my pens:confused:. They did take eight of them on consignment but it was only because they were part of my bottle stopper display. This picture of the display is dated and may not contain the actual stoppers and pens they kept.
IMG_6130.jpg

In detail, they took 12 miniature ornamental birdhouses and this display:
It includes most of the ornaments but is also a dated pic,
IMG_5853.jpg

8 pens some of which are in the first pic, and three vessels one of which was a box.
IMG_6213_2_4_Detail.jpg IMG_6319_8_20_Detail.jpg IMG_6350.jpg

And finally to the subject of this post. They ordered 6 more bottle stoppers. I am going to let them select from these 7.
LtoR
BLM Burl(silicon), Plum(silicon), BLM Burl(Ruth Niles SS), ER Cedar(RNSS), Brazilian Rosewood(RNSS), Antler(silicon), Unowood(silicon)
Image1.jpg

Edit: All are finished with a primer coat of thin CA then lightly sanded and 2 final coats of Deft RC Lacquer.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

That is for sure a great day. It just was not a pen day.
Not wanting the pens was not surprising, they already have 3 or 4 other pen vendors. I will say though that I felt that my fit and finish was far superior to at least one of them. There was this one fellow that apparently doesn't know what a bushing is for or know how to measure. His barrels came to a sharp 1/16" "unfinished" step at the finial, center band, and nib. It may have been a design feature of his but it is not one I would include in my pens.:confused:

Top Bottom