Some slimlines?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gord K.

Gord K.

I prefer thin pens. The attached picture is three of my latest attempts. All use 7mm tubes and twist mechanisms and are finished with Shellawax.

The one on the left is tulipwood on the top with a ziricote band and Honduran rosewood on the bottom. This has become my pocket pen because I find it comfortable to hold.

The middle pen is padauk on top with a ziricote band and maple on the bottom. It is similar in shape to a Garland pen I got years ago and is the pen I carry at work.

The pen on the right is pink ivory with an ebony band and a maple bottom. My mother was a breast cancer victim and I plan to make several more of these pens to give to close friends in her memory. Some will have the stylus tip and some will have the finial from a chrome slimline.

Your comments and critics are most welcome.

Gord

Attachments

• DSCN1451r.jpg
    DSCN1451r.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 369
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nibless slims!! Impressive !!
I'm sure you will gets lots of requests to show and tell. :)
They look great, very well done.

Neededwill

Very creative and interesting! Interested in how you setup the nibs and if you are actually using tubes throughout. Only if you want to share.

Gord K.

Thank you all for your comments.

Neededwill: All three of these pens used standard slimline pen tubes. I have experimented with slightly shorter slimline pencil tubes and just using half a tube in the bottom section. The problem with shorter tubes is that you can't use a pen mill to square the end because the shaft is too long.

peterborough66: I will gladly share my process for making nibless pens with the hope that some of the more experienced turners can recommend some ways to simplify it!

I will write up a tutorial with pictures. Are there guidelines I should be following, and where and how should I post it?

Gord

Neededwill

Gord, I decided to try some bamboo nibless yesterday after seeing yours. A little trial and error but I think they came out good. I will post pics after assembly. Thanks for the inspiration!

BSea

I too want to see your tutorial on the nibless pen. Those a re all very cool. I really like doing modified slims. Nibless will just add to the customization.

Top Bottom