Some Slimlines with CA finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tree Frog

Tree Frog

Gooday from down Under

This is my first post with Pics, which have been taken on a light table. with two straight fluoros above the table. Difficult to get the shine angle lined up between the lights, pens and camera.
Wood used in the 6 pens group is ( L to R) Tasmanian Blackwood, Dymondwood Carnival, Red Cedar, Dymondwood Vineyard and Fiddleback Gidgee. Taking it easy in the front is Japanese Pegoda. I've still got a lot to learn about the lighting for good pics to show off the shine lines but its a start. Thanks to all those that have contributed to the wealth of info about different methods of doing CA finishes in the finishing forum. I've tried several versions from there with serveral variations, so I have a method that works for me..... most times, but will still look to improve as I can find very fine scrath marks under the magi lamp. But the folk that ooh and ahh when I get out the small display case dont have their magi lamps with them, so its not a drama, just a personal thing. Comments about the pens or the photography most welcome.

Greg

Attachments

• First Test _DSC_4560.jpg
    First Test _DSC_4560.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 150
  • First Test _DSC_4559 -small.jpg
    First Test _DSC_4559 -small.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 163

timberbits

Hi Greg

Great bunch of pens there.

I particularly like the fiddleback Gidgee, the contrast between the sapwood and the heartwood is very appealing.

I have not seen the fiddleback in Gidgee before. Truly a unique piece of timber there.

Thanks for sharing.

Timberbits.

arw01

A nice looking heard in there

I like the wood, the finish looks fine in the photos. But I just cringe at the throttling they get with the center bands. Those bands are constraining your creativity too much.

Make the leap, leave the band in the bag and experiment from there. The Kip pen making videos are liberating if you are looking for a little nudge in the right direction.

Alan

Top Bottom