Some recent works.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

Hi All,
Day job has kept me pretty busy but I was able to take some time away and not only turn a couple pens but actually photograph them as well.The photos are not the best ,I need to dedicate some time into learning to take better photographs.

First up is a challenge/request to make a "cigar" pen .A friend brought be some cigar bands and issued a challenge for me to make a pen.After spending the better part of today dimensioning,and making a couple pin chucks,from transfer punches I was able to turn this pen.the wood is big leaf maple burl,stained with an anilyne dye.The hardware is from a Baron/Sedona kit.One step closer to kitless for me.

IMG_0353edit.jpg

IMG_0354edit.jpg

IMG_0355edit.jpg

IMG_0356edit.jpg

Next up is a Gator Jaw blank that I won compliements of a contest at Exoticblanks.com .
The contest was to name the blank and I was fortunate enough to have my entry,Cajun Gator Geauxld, selected as the winner.I paired the blank with a Cambridge Sterling Silver and Ti Gold Fountain pen kit.A blank this nice deserves a high end kit.The kit provided some challenges(like a 33/64" bit) and a couple learning lessons on laying out the teeth,I'd move the blank a little next time,maybe even reverse the teeth using the smaller teeth on the larger cap.All things that present learning experiences.The blank was easier to turn than I thought but I was still worried I'd mess up and it would explode,but we made it through.
IMG_0360edit.jpg

IMG_0361edit.jpg

IMG_0364edit.jpg

Lastly is a Duke kit from Lau Lau with a really nice piece of Aromatic Red Cedar from Emerson McBryde at Woodworkers Blanks - Seller of spalted wood blanks
If you have not paid a visit to his site and purchased some of his offerings you are missing out on some great figured blanks.
IMG_0365edit.jpg

IMG_0366edit.jpg

IMG_0367edit.jpg

As always,comments and critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking,

Top Bottom