Some Recent Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micharms

micharms

Here are some of my recent bottle stoppers. I wasn't sure whether to post them here or in the casting forum but went with this location. Acorn caps in Alumilite water clear coloured with emerald green and paradise majestic pearl red mica powders from Coastal Scents. Finished with CA. I still haven't figured out how to get the best photos but I'm working on it!

Thanks for looking.

Michael

Attachments

• 14Ja01.jpg
    14Ja01.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 14Ja02.jpg
    14Ja02.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 14Ja03.jpg
    14Ja03.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Wow!! Blanks are great!! Educational question, your thoughts on the silicone stoppers over SS or chrome?

micharms

Phil, Charlie and Jim:
Thanks for the comments.

Phil - I need to get things set up so You don't see the reflection of my photo tent frame in the blanks and to diffuse the lights. I have had it covered with a white shower curtain but found it didn't make the difference I want either.

Charlie - check for a PM

Jim - I won't use the chrome because they are prone to pitting. I do use the SS ones but they are heavy. The silicone stoppers offer a more affordable option. On the rare occasion that we have had wine leftover:eek: I have used the silicone stoppers and laid the bottle of white on its side in the refrigerator. I'm not sure that I would be comfortable doing that with the SS ones. They should be alright but I haven't tried them out that way yet. The one drawback I see to these particular silicone stoppers is that because their shape is fairly straight it is possible to encounter the rare wine bottle into which the stopper does not fit tightly. So out of the one or two wine bottles :tongue: that we have ever opened, one of them did leak when on its side.

Michael

Top Bottom