Some pens from last week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbostian

jbostian

It had been a few weeks since I had worked on any pens. Last Thursday I finally got back in the shop. I had been planning on turning these for a while but just never seemed to find the time. Anyway here are the pens.
This first one is a chrome cigar with a Fusion blank from Jmhoff10500. The blank turned very nicely and I am happy with the end results. The next pen is an inlay kit I won at the last local chapter meeting. Next is another cigar with a blank from PSI I believe. And lastly is my first attempt at dyeing a blank using food coloring. It come out ok but there are a few bad spots on it. Thanks for looking.

Jamie

Attachments

• WorthlessCigar2.jpg
    WorthlessCigar2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 118
  • WorthlessCigar3.jpg
    WorthlessCigar3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 137
  • FishInlay.jpg
    FishInlay.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 133
  • blue&redcigar.jpg
    blue&redcigar.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 133
  • blue&redcigar2.jpg
    blue&redcigar2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Bluedye.jpg
    Bluedye.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 112
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

Wow ! You got busy ! Very nice looking pens Jamie . Finish is good , AND the photos are sharper . I like the dye work .

Thanks. I made a cheap and quick photo tent for my pics finally. But I still don't have a good light source so they are a little dark. I tried using Gimp software to edit it them a little and I made them worse. So I just posted the pics how the came off the camera. I will need to spend some more time getting used to the photo editing software.

Jamie

Mark

That's a very nice collection. I really like the 4th pen. The blank on that Cigar is interesting. Nice work..

Top Bottom