Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spitfire

spitfire

Here are a few turkeys calls I made.
turkeycalls.jpg

turkeycalls1-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turkey-slayer

Those turkey pot calls you make are very nice...I believe you posted them on CCO forum also...You did a good job of segmenting the woods...I make a few also but don't do any segmenting as of yet.

spitfire

Thanks for the comments.

turkey-slayer, yes I did post them on CCO forums as well. I like doing the segmenting because I don't always have 5/4 stock on hand and like to be able to use 4/4 stock with a little jazz....helps them sell a little easier too :)

spitfire

No I didn't turn any matching strikers. I usually by the striker parts and assemble them myself. If I have a really nice custom call I will make a striker, otherwise I buy dowels and tops and glue them up and finish them.

avbill

Very nice in deed! Jason as a exper in making Turkey call is it fairy easy. Is there kits? The reason is simple. My son now 30 years old and will be receiving his PHD in the next year has had problems will turkeys. As he did his field work he was chased by not one turkey but every time he was in the field by wild turkeys. I thought it be fun gift to make turkey call for him! The experiences he would rather forget!

spitfire

Bill,
Thanks for the compliment but I wouldn't go as far as to call me an expert in making turkey calls, average at best. Making the calls is really straight forward. There are no kits, all you really need is wood, slate and or glass. I normally do slate over glass calls but as can be seen in the pictures above I started doing glass over glass here is where I get all my supplies http://www.brooksidegamecalls.com/ this is a great site to browse around to learn the process. I am going to link you to one of the tutorials but check out the forum as it has loads of information http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1211135908

if you have any questions let me know and I will try to help as best I can.

Boomer

Nice calls. I have been interested in making some myself but just haven't been brave enough to start. Being a fairly new turner I am not confident enough to head in that direction. Hopefully soon.

Top Bottom