Some December work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from C_Ludwigsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Ludwigsen

VERY sorry for the long post and so many images. I have been woefully remiss in the photo department. But it was a very busy month for me. Here are some of the pics of work I finished over the last month. I was under the gun and was not able to photo everything that I would have liked to. All of the above were Christmas and Hanukah orders.

The last 2 are non-pen (obviously). The wine stopper was previously posted but here it is with the matching wine bottle pedestal.

1. Red Mallee Burl Comfort(less) Set
P413_1.sized.jpg

2. Rosewood Platinum European from CSUSA and Maple Burl Premium Designer from PSI
P414_1.sized.jpg

3. 10-Pack of Designers ~ "Same Differents". This was a single order of 10 to be given to a group of employees. I was VERY excited to get this order as it was pure profit to help with Christmas for my kids and these were the first 10 pens turned on the new Vicmarc VL100. The woods are...
  • Osage Orange Burl (low_48)
  • Catalpa (low_48
  • Spalted Maple (low_48)
  • Lacewood
  • Maple Burl (low_48)
  • Black Walnut
  • Bocote
  • Weeping Boer Bean (really, that is what it was labeled)
  • Honduran Rosewood
  • Goncalo Alves
P415_1.sized.jpg

4. Bubinga matching wine set (stopper and pedestal). No, I didn't empty the bottle.
B412.sized.jpg

5. And finally, an Oak bread bowl measuring just over 9-1/4" by 4-1/2".
B413.sized.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wow. There's a lot of beautiful turnings there. And a lot of happy gift recipients. Unfortunately, another Christmas list I wasn't on.[:(] But did I tell you I have a birthday coming?[:D]

Fred in NC

Very nice pens, Chuck! Great job.

I like the wine stopper and base a lot! The bowl shape is very pleasing, I like the easy flowing shape.

C_Ludwigsen

Thanks folks. Sometimes our customers have the best ideas. The matching wine set was a customer who came to me and said "my brother likes wine, can you make him a matching base and stopper for the wine bottle". DARN good idea, I said.

I failed to clarify what the "(low_48) meant on some of the woodtypes. All those marked as such were from Rich (low_48). Now you see why I like his selection so much.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom