Some Bangles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

Regardless of what they're called...

Here are a few. The first is a blank from Craftdiggity that came out great! polished up to 12000 MM.

Purple_Bracelet.jpg

Jatoba

Jatoba_Bracelet.jpg

And a couple of Walnut

Walnut1_Bracelet.jpg

Walnut2_Bracelet.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kludge77

I agree the acrylic is stunning... Craftdiggity sells the blanks for a good price. I don't have a spindle sander so sanding the inside was a bit of a trick but well worth the time!

Craftdiggity

Lookin good, Peter. If you don't have a spindle sander, you can get a set that can be used in your drill press or on the lathe (if you have a jacob's chuck), at Harbor freight for pretty cheap, or you can turn a 2" dowel and use double sided tape to attach sandpaper. Then you can sand the insides a little quicker.

Your work looks awesome, i have tried to do bangles but end up with a broken mess, maybe some day i will get it.

Me too... first couple broke...
plan to try again... I have a stack of really nice oak burl cut to rounds and need to try to figure an easier way to make the bangles than the one I did attempt... it turned out okay, but not sure I want to go through all the steps it took... must be an easier way.

Kludge, your's are really nice... not sure which I like best, but leaning towards the woods more so than the acrylics... it looks plastic... LOL

SDB777

Not to sound too stupid....but what are these for?

Don't get me wrong, they look cool, but I just don't know what they are......

Scott (insert stupid joke here) B

kludge77

Thanks!

I had nine of them at a craft show this last week. None sold. (Shrug) Still the wife likes them and had "acquired" the purple acrylic one. :)

kludge77

Of the five... which are the most popular.

I'm doing 2 3/8 and they fit my wife's hand pretty well. I'm not sure I'm ready for 5. Maybe 2 or 3 though.

Top Bottom