Some Alt Casein & Alt Ebony Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from aggromere

aggromere

I have a few more cigar pens to make tomorrow to fill some orders for stores, but I couldn't help trying my hand at some regular pens. It is two Jr. Gent Twist and an Aero.

One of the gents and the Aero are dressed in Alt Casein from Ed and Dawn (my new favorite material) and the other gent is leftovers from an El Mostro vertical line blank coupled with Alt Ebony from Ed and Dawn. I really like the way El Mostro's blanks turn. I think he said they are aluminite and they turn very easily with no chipping and seem to go easy on the tools. I like the Alt Ebony better than the regular black resin blanks. They come round and fit perfectly into a 20mm collet for drilling and are a lot less chippy and i think easier to turn.

Ed, if you see this post, what are the chances of you finding a supplier for Alt Casein blanks in different colors? I think a black and gray, red and pink, dark yellow and light yellow might look really cool.

Attachments

• IMG_0507-crop.jpg
    IMG_0507-crop.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0508-crop.jpg
    IMG_0508-crop.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0512-crop.jpg
    IMG_0512-crop.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0511-crop.jpg
    IMG_0511-crop.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Peter, Those are some gorgeous and elegant looking pens with great photo presentation! Happy New Year! Regards, Doc

aggromere

Thanks Doc. You inspired me with your Alt Casein pens. I really like it. I think it looks better than real casein. I hope Ed sees it and figures out how to get some striated blanks like the Alt Casein in other colors. That would be cool. I'd also say, if you haven't tried one of the Jr Gent Twist kits, get one from Ed and try it. It is a sweet pen and no top to lose.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As the New Year arrives, it is time for a "Pre-scheduled" buy from Italy.

I will ask about different colors of the alt casein material.

wiset1

I'm waiting myself for these blanks to be back in stock on exotics and would welcome the new colors as well. The pens look amazing by the way

aggromere

Although I could not find any for sale in the united states, and non of the colors I would like, I did find some rods that looked like Alt casein and they were called "alpolina". Not sure if that is some italian name for something or what, but maybe ed could find them easier.

Top Bottom