Sold My First Pen Yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scratch

The Monkey is off my back!! Whoo Hoo!!
I sold my first pen Friday afternoon in the break room at work.
I'm the type of person who couldn't sell ice water in the Sahara
so this is really exciting for me. I've been trying to concentrate on
getting better and enjoying myself making pens. Hopefully the jinx is broken now. Yee Haw!!! Can't help it I'm from the South. lol

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

First is always the hardest...now you have a few more pennies to get more kits/wood. It's a never ending cycle for you now!!!!

Scott (congrats) B

sefali

You poor thing. That was the final nail in the coffin, and it's all over now. There's no turning back now. It's a hell of a good ride, though. Enjoy. and Congrats!

ToddMR

Congrats on the sale! I have yet to get there. I keep getting inquiries from people, but then nothing. I am hoping our community yard sale father's day weekend will get me some sold.

I did have a lady I work with give me money for the materials and giving me a big $10 over it for the 4 I made for her. I know its low but I am still learning. I do know in the future she is going to be paying much more per pen. Kind of demanding for $10 lol.

dankc908

Carry pens (1 or 2 of yours) with you at all times. Use them in your course of daily business. People will ask about it when they see a unique pen. I have, easily, had over 2 dozen "shirt pocket" sales since I started turning a little over a year ago. When I sign a debit/credit card slip and they offer me a 'BIC' I say, "No thanks - I don't use cheap pens" and then I whip mine out. It works quite well.

Dan

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
EASIEST SALE

Congratulation....but don't let them kid you, the first sale is far from the hardest, Wait until you have about a hundred pens in stock that all admire but nobody buys... that's when it gets hard, especially since you will know that you have gotten better and your pens look a whole lot nicer than they do now, and you've started buying those $25.00 - $50.00 kits and $10 - $15 blanks and are turning pens that have $200 worth of effort in them.

Scratch

Thank you all for the kind words. I just got an email from
and old school friend, who saw my pens on Facebook
and now it looks like sale #2 is coming up shortly!!

Rfturner

Welcome to the justification stage of pen making, it is where you now feel like you can now spend more for pen items and tools. I have never left this stage since my first stage:biggrin:

Top Bottom