So nobody wants $100CDN gift certificate?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Ben. I`m toiling over what I have done as to whether it is worthy of entering. These folks are good/great/awesome and I`m not sure I want to get:hammer:at this stage in my pen making career.:biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Ben. I`m toiling over what I have done as to whether it is worthy of entering. These folks are good/great/awesome and I`m not sure I want to get:hammer:at this stage in my pen making career.:biggrin:

Perry.. in an event like this, you're not competing against other people, but
your own skills. You challenge yourself, and there is no loser in that no matter what the outcome.

Nobody hammers on good effort. I've turned some dogs and still gotten
hints, tips and 'attaboy's which gave me the confidence to try new things
and improve.

Your best might not be the best of all, but your best is NEVER unworthy.

davinci27

Perry, I've seen your pens, nobody is going to have anything negative to say about them. Worst case scenario you pens don't end up in the winners circle. At this point, there's no competition. I haven't received any entries yet and if this keeps up you could win all the prizes:biggrin:

Daniel

It really is not about winning or loosing, even though we would all like to. It is about getting into the event. getting involved posting some wise cracks at Ed or Cav. Enjoying the party just a bit more. I would get into the Pen contests but I really do not have a lot of time to spend on putting together anything to creative. I do have a few pens I am working on but am waiting to see just which one I want to go with. I am not concerned with winning but that does not mean I will not take my best shot at it.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I bought a new book and it's going to help me WIN.
WIN, I tell ya!!

Attachments

• Dummies.jpg
    Dummies.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 135

David M

working on pen for slim line . did you know a 5/16 die will thread a brass tube ...... needed 3/8 ........ still working ...... few more days in shop

davinci27

I've updated the rules on the slimline to better explain which kits qualify. Here's what I added to the rules

I've been asked several times about the streamline kit, and after a little thought I think it will fit inside the guidelines. The only difference I can find between the kits is the centerband, which is an optional component anyway. To be fair, I will say any kit that has the same size and shape nib, finial, clip, tubes (length and diameter) and transmission can be used for this contest. Basically if the only thing different between your kit and a slimline kit is the centerband then your kit qualifies. I'll measure a slimline kit tonight, just to set out some specific sizes guidelines forthose who don't have a slimline kit to compare.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:biggrin::biggrin:

Charlie, you have WAY too much free time on your hands.!!!!!!
If I had half the time that you have then I'd go make a pen and enter one of these cool contests.

Oh BTW, you're still absolutely bonkers!!!!:biggrin:

workinforwood

I really wanted to enter, but my pen that I worked so hard on for your contest didn't qualify. I used the tubes, the tranny, the refill and the clip, but not the nib or the ugly finial. I just don't know that I have time to make another something new.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Charlie, you have WAY too much free time on your hands.!!!!!!
If I had half the time that you have then I'd go make a pen and enter one of these cool contests.

LOL .. that pic took me all of about 5 or 6 minutes, far less than turning
a pen. And changing it took about 30-40 seconds.

But .. you're on. I'll submit a Skiprat Wannabe Streamline in your honor. :tongue:

Oh BTW, you're still absolutely bonkers!!!!:biggrin:

Bah .. you wouldn't want me any other way :biggrin:

Top Bottom