Snow Leopard Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

I have had the blank for 2 months trying to decide which pen to match it to. Decided on Jr Gent roller ball. I purchased the kit and the blank from my favorite people at exoticblanks. Thanks Dawn and Ed. The body was polished to 12k mm wet, auto polish then ren wax. As usual, all comments are welcome and appriciated. Still working on the pics. Thanks in advance. Pic's 2 and 4 are the same pose, which backround do you all think fits best?

Attachments

• snowleopard.jpg
    snowleopard.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 178
  • snowleopard2.jpg
    snowleopard2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 185
  • snowleopard3.jpg
    snowleopard3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 157
  • snowleopard5.jpg
    snowleopard5.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

Thanks Alex, i have one done except for finishing to go on a jr. retro.Have had the blank for some time and actually semi-finished it about a month ago but never quite got around to putting the finish to it. By the looks of yours the jr. series is a good choice. Yours looks great, hope mine turns out as well.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
GREAT job, Alex.

I am not a fan of the "mirror" pics, although I see the logic to showing both sides.

So, for me, it's #2.

A word of warning to all: You CAN get two Jr. Gents from the cat blanks, but it IS tight, VERY tight. Cut them slightly off-center (as shown on the catcutting 101 instructions) and settle for a Jr Gent series and a nice 7mm from the smaller "half".
(I sold several (Cross-size) pen and pencil sets at $50 ea, made from the cats--great Christmas idea)

handplane

I just finished one of the leopard blanks on jr. as well. I like how where the light meets the dark it actually looks like fur. You can't really see it until it is polished.

Pic 4 is my favorite.

dow

Well, I'll go against the grain. I REALLY like #2. The contrast between the pen and the dark background really shows the pen off better, in my opinion. It also has kind of a "wet" look to it, kind of like the rock and end of the pen are in water, which I think looks cool.

Number 4 just looks harder to me somehow... not harder to shoot... not harder to look at, but more like the pen is sitting on a mirror or a sheet of steel or on the hood of your car or something like that. Goofy, huh?

jleiwig

At first I liked #2 because of the contrast, but I think overall I really like # 4 as you see more of the pen overall.

However I can't tell if your findings are dirty or just a reflection, but I'm inclined to guess they are dirty as they all appear to be the same in all 4 photos.

Sorry but in a high quality photo, everything needs to be top notch. The pen is beautiful, but I'm immediately drawn to the findings where I believe you should only see polished beauty shining back at you.

CaptG

Great looking pen. Nice job all the way around. I like pic. #2 myself. And as Ed says, cut the blank carefully just off center. I have a blank for a Jr. Gent and used the small side and got two Elegant Beauty pens out of it that both sold within two days for $75.00 each.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great looking pen. Nice job all the way around. I like pic. #2 myself. And as Ed says, cut the blank carefully just off center. I have a blank for a Jr. Gent and used the small side and got two Elegant Beauty pens out of it that both sold within two days for $75.00 each.

Let's see, that's $150 PLUS the Jr. Gent..................................................:eek::eek:
I gotta raise my prices!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CONGRATS, Gary!!!!​

altaciii

However I can't tell if your findings are dirty or just a reflection, but I'm inclined to guess they are dirty as they all appear to be the same in all 4 photos.

Sorry but in a high quality photo, everything needs to be top notch. The pen is beautiful, but I'm immediately drawn to the findings where I believe you should only see polished beauty shining back at you.[/quote]

Justin,
You are absolutely right. Somthing I need to pay more attention to. I pulled the pen out and it did have prints all over the hardware. Thank you for pointing it out.

Top Bottom