Snakewood Sedona

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Previously I posted a mini-rant about this pen not finishing well. :mad: I finally got tired of messing with it and called it done. It is not perfect but it is ok. It will be my new daily use pen, unless someone wants to buy it of course. Blank fron Nolan, kit from AS. Worked on it off and on for a month or so, cracked a hairline once along the way, no signs of any cracking since. :thunder: Thanks for looking, now fire away with the comments. :eek: All are welcome, good and bad.

Landon

Attachments

• Snakewood 00017a.jpg
    Snakewood 00017a.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Snakewood 00025a.jpg
    Snakewood 00025a.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Good job! I recently attempted a snakewood blank, but it cracked. Since then I've been told that the best way to avoid the cracks is to drill just short of the end and then cut it off rather than try to drill all the way through.

mickr

it's snakewood..accept it will crack..that is it's nature..the fact you got it finished and it's holding together is wonderful..very pretty

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
This blank started with a hairline crack in the blank, looked like it turned off but doubt it, that was probably why it cracked a bit. I did not rush it so I could repai it b4 the finish, can't see it now. TY all 4 the comments

Last edited:
Top Bottom