Slin kits for Service men

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
2 More Guys

So Far I have old lar - sgimbel - ssajn I have larry's address. I'd like to get two more guys who didn't get kits from Ed.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks

Thanks to Charles for opening this thread and Thanks to Ed for leading the way. Ed and I compete a little and don't agree on everything but we are in full agreement that we all should do what we can to make our young people who are serving their country know we appreciate their sacrifices....

LeeR

Ed, Smitty:

Really fantastic gesture on your part. I didn't request any pens, I am having hip surgery next week, and probably not doing any turning for a few weeks after that. But I've got a handful of kits I'll work on when I'm back to my shop.

This thread is pretty inspiring. Lots of very thoughtful folks here! I have not sold any pens -- they have all been gifts. It is fun to see someone's face light up when you give them a handcrafted pen.

Thanks for the Support

From one pen turning service member to all of you guys. Thanks for the support. It is always nice to witness the dedication and support given to the Military!

ctubbs

Ed, my kits came in Saturday. I have rcceived pms thanking me for starting this thread. I deserve absolutely zero thanks on this idea, all I was looking for was the lowest price on some kits of quality. The guys fully deserving credit and a huge THANK YOU are Ed and Dawn and Smitty too. They are the ones putting out the money for this project. These two vendors are supplying the base material and the imputes to get it going. Gary McG is also deeply involved in the start up of it, so he also needs a part of the thanks. Naw, I was just trying to get off on the cheap. Ed and Smitty even paid the shipping. Yes, they were offered return on the shipping. No go. I know Ed was offered payment for kits which he flatly refused.
So once more Ed, Dawn and Smitty, my heart felt THANK YOU for your big hearts and generosity.
Charles

GaryMGg

Folks,
Yesterday I shipped more than 700 pens to be delivered to our Service Men and women. The Annual Convention is next week so I'll have more to report on after it's complete.
Thank you all again.
Gary

t001xa22

Ed, as a new customer of yours, I have quickly learned of your integrity. I would be glad to put together 25 pens. The attached pics show that I have done some already for family & friend service members in Afghanistan and the Sinai Desert areas. Even though these show all acrylics being used, I do have some beautiful woods to donate to the pens, also. Please PM me details if possible as this is my first shot at more mass production.

Last edited:

sbwertz

I'll contribute some blanks if someone needs them. I'm going out of town, so I can't do much turning this month, but I'll box up some blanks and send them before I leave if someone wants to turn the pens but doesn't have blanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom