Slimline question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbbo5312

I have some slimline twist mechanism's that are to big for the tubes my Question is can these be CA'd in place and made to work without any problems. James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

James,are you sure you have a 7mm tube in the blank,i've never had it happen before,have had it happen just the opposite though but most of the time it has been ca in the tubes,don't think i'd put ca on the mech.if you get any on the twist part it won't turn.

leatherjunkie

Originally posted by jimbbo5312
<br />Yes the twist mechanism is to small for the barrels and they just slip right in and out. James

James,
I had this same problem with kits from woodcraft.
I just put a small amount of ca glue in the tube using a q tip as a applicater.

You just need to get the tube wet(not very much at all)

bob393

I have never had that happen either.
Often the opposite and you need to flair out the tube slightly. I think that is why I cracked my epi turnings.

bradh

I have had this happen on one kit. It looks like the tranny was machined wrong. The one I got was so badly sized, I do not want to try and glue it. I plan on taking the kit back to exchange.
Brad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Using CA is would be a last resort for me.

<b>IF you put CA in the tube WAIT a full day AT LEAST before inserting the transmisson.</b>The CA will probably fume the tranny to the tube if you don't and then you will not be able to change the refill.
I had this happen to me once on a number of pens I made.
I was sure it wasn't a problem of scoring the tube with the pen mill but it could be a poddibility.
I may have mixed up different parts from various suppliers.
What I did to solve the problem was to get replacement transmissions and test them in the upper tubes before installing in the lower blank.That solved my problem.
IIRC another fix is to put a few "dents" with a punch in the trannys this will expand the tranny enough to make it work.
I always test the trannys in the upper tube before assembling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom