slimline ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPauli

I think someone has mentioned this before, but I now have had 2 customers complain to me about the ink skipping and sometimes not writing at all. I have also seen this myself with my own pen. It has hardly been used but it has happened often. I hate to sell nice custom pens that don't write evenly. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder is there a roller ball or different type of ink to use in slimlines? Or do you think it could be the supplier?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

I have had this problem also. You can get Cross refills at the office supply store but I think they are at least 1 or 2 dollars each! I actually bought a bunch of Cross refills on E-bay. Got a great deal even with the postage!

Gary

I've only had that problem with fountain pens. If I had an ocassional customer that made that complaint, I would just give them a real Cross refill and figure it was good business.

wicook

I find that the black ink Berea slimline kits I buy from BB write better than the Cross brand refills. For one thing, the ink doesn't blob every so often. I got some kits from Lee Valley with blue ink, though, and I don't like the refills in theirs. They tend to start slowly and skip once in a while.

Rudy Vey

This too funny - this topic comes up about every 4 weeks or so.
I have made in the last two years over 800 pens and most of them sold. I test all pen refills when I finish a pen and at the sale. So far I had not one refill that did not work!! I have even customer calling me and ask me if I can supply/sell them refills for the pens they bought from me.They had bought the name brand refills when their first (original kit) refill run out. They claim the original refill wrote much better, easier and smoother (and in some cases even lasted longer). The pen kits I use for all my ball points are from Berea. I cannot speak for CSUSA or Penn State or any other company. There are some people they say that they toss out the original kit refill since they think these are not as good as the brand name products (they use Cross and Parker brand refills) - please, if you use Berea kits send them to me I will pay you the shipping costs

So if anyone has a problem with refill, just not say you have a problem , please do let us know with what kit you have the problem.

Rudy

SE MI

esheffield

I've only made about a dozen or so slimlines so far. Haven't heard back on about 1/2 of them that I gave away, but at least the one I use personally skips terribly. I believe it's a PSI slimline. Also made some kits I picked up at the nearby Woodcraft, but I gave all those away. I have a bunch of kits from BB I bought a couple of months ago, but I have too many other projects going on in my workshop to get to them. Grrrr.

I also have a Cross pen that's at least 15 years old with the original refill that still writes fine. Obviously I don't write very much. Typically it's lost in a drawer somewere for weeks at a time.

BTW, am I the only one around here who enjoys making pens but can't stand to write? [;)]

PenPauli

In the past they were psi tn slimline kits, I have purchased a few things from Bill but never slimlines. I guess I'll start ordering them from him, it sounds like they must be different refills. Ok Thanks but know I guess I'll need to buy a mandrel and new bushings.

jrc

I think all the cross type refills are made at the same place. After 6000 pens I can not tell any difference. I tell my customers to use the pen a while and get a cross refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom