Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dabull24

dabull24

Just made these for Christmas gifts.
Left to right: Checker Burl, Ramone Burl, Brown Mallee, Red Mallee, Maple Burl
100_0500.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dabull24

BTW are the Mallee the hardest woods known to man? I had very sharp tools and still found it hard to turn them to size!

bitshird

BTW are the Mallee the hardest woods known to man? I had very sharp tools and still found it hard to turn them to size!

No actually Ipe is the hardest but I'm beginning to notice a parallel to steel alloys, Hardness and toughness are two different things, some metals that are quite hard can be easy to work with, while some that are just tough, are a pain in the arse, Nice to see some premium wood used on the lowly Slim line, that's another joke, they offer the most design freedom of any kit pens, Nice work and great finish.

woody350ep

I hope my comments about being on a slimline weren't taken the wrong way. I don't think a slimline is in any way less classy than another type of pen, but they are looked at as "beginner pens" as I am still a beginner lol. I know there are many many customizable aspects of them due to their simplicity, so they are by no means a lower grade of pen. I just want to make sure I wasn't being misinterpreted.

Top Bottom