Slim pen kits: How much better?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalper

Ditto that. They look about the same to me -- and I like the clip on the funline better. You're probably paying for the warranty.

kingkeyman

If you stick with chrome or gunmetal, you probably won't notice much difference. The other platings in the funlines are pretty bad, and down the road there will be some people pretty upset with you. I still sell the other platings, but I only charge $10 and let them know that the plating won't last.

mick

I sell a lot of slim to customers as their entry into the world of handmade pens, so at certain sites they amount to a large chunk of sales( Keep them reasonable, 35-40 bucks ) so I use the best components, gold ti, chrome and black ti in the fancy style. Costs a little more but I want my slims and designers to be the same quality as my high end pens. You'd be surprised how much these sales become your bad and butter of your shows.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I agree, Mick!! I had my own design that I used for making the body of the slimline.
People, especially other exhibitors, came back year after year to buy them for gifts.

Would have been damned embarassing to hear about the plating wearing off. (I only sold chrome and tigold)

Not to mention the black eye that a crummy plating will give to the whole "handmade pen industry". All it takes is a couple of people to buy a pen and have the plating wear off prematurely and they could be "telling the world" on Facebook.

joefrog

I agree, Mick!! I had my own design that I used for making the body of the slimline.
People, especially other exhibitors, came back year after year to buy them for gifts.

Would have been damned embarassing to hear about the plating wearing off. (I only sold chrome and tigold)

Not to mention the black eye that a crummy plating will give to the whole "handmade pen industry". All it takes is a couple of people to buy a pen and have the plating wear off prematurely and they could be "telling the world" on Facebook.

Point me in that direction, Ed -- what kit?

Top Bottom