Skiprat's World Trade Center - On the Move

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Skiprat's World Trade Center Pen Set is on the move again. This time it's coming to Colorado Springs. Gordon Kincheloe (Flyitfast), is visiting relatives in the area. We will be getting together over lunch on Thursday May 19th between 11:30 and 1:30.

The exact location has yet to be decided. It kind of depends on how may would like to join us. I work on the north end of the Springs at Dublin and Academy Blvd so it will be someplace near there.

If you're not familiar with the set, it was sold in this years Birthday Bash Auction #2 - World Trade Center Set . Gordon has been awesome enough to take it along on his travels and show it to the pen community in person.

If you can join us please add a post below.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomtedesco

Would be interested in seeing the set. We will be arriving at Cheyenne Mtn Park on Thursday, if we can get unhooked I will drive over.

Mr Vic

Looks like Tom Tedesco, Gordon and me for lunch tomorrow. We'll be meeting at the Silver Pond - Chinese Restaurant, 6523 Academy Blvd N, Colorado Springs, CO 80918. It's the north end of the Springs.

Mr Vic

I believe a good time was had by all. Here we are at lunch. Left to right Tom, Gordon and Vic. In the first pen picture what kid of looks like alligator jaw is actually the reflection of the lace on the table cloth. The second had the sun glinting across the tops of the towers. We also showed off a couple of the pens we'd brought along. Thanks again Gordon for mking the showing possible.

Attachments

• Lunch_With_Gordon_n_Tom.jpg
    Lunch_With_Gordon_n_Tom.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 144
  • WTC_Reflections.jpg
    WTC_Reflections.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 170
  • WTC_Sunlight.jpg
    WTC_Sunlight.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 159

tomtedesco

Just got home from an RV trip. Enjoyed meeting Gordon and Vic but the real treat was holding the trade center pen set. The workmanship was outstanding and well thought out. Thanks MrVic for pulling this together. Also scored some great blanks from Gordon.

flyitfast

The get together with Vic and Tom was fun. It is always good to put faces with names you see on IAP all the time.

I'm glad that you enjoyed seeing the WTC pen set and could appreciate what Skiprat/Steven has created. Based on Skip's visit to the US he honored us with a real tribute.. It is a pleasure to touchy feely a pen set whenever you can and this set is special in its own way.

Thanks for the lunch and the time.

Hope to see you both again.
Gordon

Top Bottom