Sketch Pencils and Nevus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

The sketch pencils are Christmas gifts for a co-worker. He is our resident scenic designer and like the feel of wood so I just used a couple of coats of walnut oil on these. No clips since he carries them in his pants pocket.

The Nevus is made using All Hallow's Eve and Coal Mine acrylic blanks from Bear Tooth Woods. Just trying something different.

Attachments

• WoodLamSktch1a.jpg
    WoodLamSktch1a.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Nevus1AA.jpg
    Nevus1AA.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Very nice set of pens, like the finish. They should be well received.
What are your thoughts on the sketch pencil? Ive had trouble with the button on one. I ordered a woodworkers pencil today to try.

jjjaworski

I did not make the blanks. The segmented blanks were a gift so I thought they would work well with these pencils. They are well done though and turned easy.

Harry- I have not had any problems with this style BUT my friend has. He likes to play with the button by clicking it and letting it go. The mechanisms let loose on both his sketch pencils and went sailing across the room.

I tried using CA to hold them together but the spring pressure caused a failure.

I like this type because it is less work turning one barrel but it does require a long blank.

longbeard

I did not make the blanks. The segmented blanks were a gift so I thought they would work well with these pencils. They are well done though and turned easy.

Harry- I have not had any problems with this style BUT my friend has. He likes to play with the button by clicking it and letting it go. The mechanisms let loose on both his sketch pencils and went sailing across the room.

I tried using CA to hold them together but the spring pressure caused a failure.

I like this type because it is less work turning one barrel but it does require a long blank.

Same problem i had, i used loc-tite

Top Bottom