Sketch Pencil Bethlehem Olive Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

As the name above says. This is supposed to be one of PSI's Exhibition grades - who knows.

CA finish - 10 coats thin. 2 Coats Medium...you know the rest.

My Bible folks like to use these to make notes in their Bible - that or doodle in it :).

All comments welcome.

Attachments

• Sketch Pencil BOL CA Finish.jpg
    Sketch Pencil BOL CA Finish.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you. Just remember this is a pencil. There is another kit that accommodates both a pen and and pencil refill (but you can't store one refill when using the other). The nib claws work similarly.

Mine take a 2 or 3mm "lead" (no pen refill).

The link below takes a pen or pencil refill. The pencil refill is 5mm, I think.

I made both. Both are decent quality - no customer complaints.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKSPCL2C.html

RKB

Nice sketch pencil, love turning them and the woodworkers pencil. Beautiful finish, really nice. I have not yet turned BOW, this post is making me rethink that.:biggrin:

Rod

TonyL

I bought both the exhibition grade and non exhibition grade. Between the 5 of each type that I bought, the e-grade seemed to have more figuring. However, I have only purchased 5 of each. It may be too soon for me to make a generalization as to the figuring of the e-grade.

Skie_M

There is a pencil sharpener built into the back of the pencil... unscrew it and sharpen the lead.

The exhibition grade is supposed to be selected by hand for it's extra-fine figuring and beauty ....

I got the 4-pack from PSI, and I ended up with 2 straight grained, 1 diagonal cut, and 1 burl cut ... the burl was just beautiful.

TonyL

beautiful workmanship love the finish. Although I thing the lead is kinda thick for notes in the Bible but that's just my opinion.

I agree...I gave one has a gift to a printer/draftmans....then he bought one for his wife and one for his. They can do what they want with them :). Maybe they own some really big Bibles :biggrin:

Top Bottom