Skeleton Mantle Clock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dontheturner

dontheturner

This is one of several I have made, in this style, and I have more stock, to use in the future. This one, is in Vanadua Island Walnut, and is for sale.

Attachments

• Mantle Clock, in Vanadua Island Walnut.A.jpg
    Mantle Clock, in Vanadua Island Walnut.A.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 502
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Druid

Good looking work Don, My Father used to repair old clocks to include making clock casings... even Grandfather clocks! I really like the transparency of your clock.

jttheclockman

Now that is simple yet elegant. Nice work on that one. What was the wood used and did you turn the base??? Where did you get the movement??? Thanks for showing.

dontheturner

Now that is simple yet elegant. Nice work on that one. What was the wood used and did you turn the base??? Where did you get the movement??? Thanks for showing.
Hello jt, Thanks for the vote! The skeleton clock movements, are available in two sizes, The ones I use are about 150 mm diameter, and are in Gold or Silver. I think they are expensive. but there is a smaller size too. Craft Supplies UK sell them, but the cheapest and quickest supplier, is ''Stiles & Bates'' of Dover UK. www.stilesandbates.co.uk - and the owner Dave is good to deal and chat with. I used to buy, blocks of seasoned wood, in many woods, to create them. That one, is Vanadua Island Walnut, which Craft Supplies UK stock..I have used Zebrano, to good effect. The base stand is created from the cut off, and is grain matched. it is then French Polished dontheturner

dontheturner

Good looking work Don, My Father used to repair old clocks to include making clock casings... even Grandfather clocks! I really like the transparency of your clock.
Yes! my Father was in business - I was born in a Clock Shop! He was a Watchmaker. I have done several grandfather clocks. One, was ''out of my head'' - and I have some left over! ( Joke) thanks dontheturner

jttheclockman

Hello jt, Thanks for the vote! The skeleton clock movements, are available in two sizes, The ones I use are about 150 mm diameter, and are in Gold or Silver. I think they are expensive. but there is a smaller size too. Craft Supplies UK sell them, but the cheapest and quickest supplier, is ''Stiles & Bates'' of Dover UK. www.stilesandbates.co.uk - and the owner Dave is good to deal and chat with. I used to buy, blocks of seasoned wood, in many woods, to create them. That one, is Vanadua Island Walnut, which Craft Supplies UK stock..I have used Zebrano, to good effect. The base stand is created from the cut off, and is grain matched. it is then French Polished dontheturner

I have not seen those in any dealers around here so that is why it intrigued me. I will have to look into these. Thanks for showing.

Top Bottom